Makamba, Kirundo, Ngozi, Kayanza, Ruyigi, Rutana, Cankuzo and Cibitoke Provinces
Results from 2018 :
- 169 households recognised by the Seed Control and Certification Office.
- 7,255 producers supported in seeds, inputs and agricultural tools.
- 3,635 people followed literacy courses and were certified, 76% of whom are women.
- 2,160 people with mental health problems were taken care of, 52% of whom are women.
Access to healthcare
- development of mutual health insurance in order to facilitate people's access to healthcare
Partners : UCODE-AMR
Food and economic security
- supporting the development of agricultural products and crafts
- supporting Irrigation Water Users Associations in the Imbo region
- creation, development and support to the Farmers' Organizations of the Bugesera region
- supporting the promotion and production of seeds, inputs and agricultural tools, as well as the development of drought-resistant crops
- literacy project for the promotion of women in development
Partnairs : CUFORE de l’Université Lumière de Bujumbura, FODEV et UCODE-AMR
- Raising Awareness on Mental Health Disorders
Partners : BADEC et CARITAS Ngozi
SOUAVIS, MAKAMBA PROVINCE
"I am 31 years old, married, mother of 3 children and a trained veterinarian. After my studies, I could not find a job. So, I had the idea of opening a shop selling veterinary and phytosanitary products, since I also had some knowledge in the treatment of plant diseases. I was lucky enough to receive financial support and technical assistance from the PROVAPA-TUGWIZAKAZI project. Since then, my turnover has multiplied by 13! I have been able to open 4 other shops and hire 4 people, who have been trained by the project."